Important dates, events and reminders for the 8th grade class of 2020
High school visits, entrance tests, applications – now
Father Daughter Dance – November 9
Christmas Show – December 11 & 12
- Possible group outing (PJs?) after the second performance
- The class traditionally presents a group gift to the school. Usually coordinated by parent volunteer committee.
May Procession – May 4
- 8th grade wears their formal graduation clothes and typically leave them at school (on hangers) to wear the next day for the class photo. Possibly group outing to PJ Whelihan’s after May Procession and changing into casual clothes at school.
Class Photo – May 5
- 8th grade wears graduation clothes, then change into school uniform after photo is taken
Class Trip to NYC – May 6
8th Grade Retreat – May 14
- takes place at school
Gratitude Dinner – May 20
- Rec Center. Parent volunteer committee to plan.
- for 7th & 8th grade CYO sports participants
- organized by parent volunteer committee
Graduation – June 9
- takes place at St. Helena Church
Gathering photos for slideshows:
- one baby photo for yearbook
- take photos/videos now of CYO games for banquet slideshow and yearbook
- gather photos throughout the years of SHS events/activities for Gratitude Dinner slideshow
- gather photos (to print) of important events from your child’s life for collage