Welcome to First Grade – 1G!
|Tuesday||Library||1:05 – 1:50 (Return Library book)|
|Wednesday||Music||1:05 – 1:50|
|Thursday||Gym||10:45 – 11:30 (Wear Gym uniform)|
|Friday||Computer||9:15 – 10:00 (Noon Dismissal days: 9:00- 9:30)|
Click here to view my Welcome Back Letter which contains important information regarding this school year.
Art Express: Signup Genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b044eabac2ca3fc1-calling
Math Homework Answer Key: click here
Monday, January 23– Thursday, January 26
*Parents, please remember to sign or initial your child’s homework each night. This tells me you have completed the work with your child.
Monday, January 23
- Religion- Please study the Glory Be.
- Handwriting-H copybook- Write uppercase and lowercase Bb (2 times each across and all the way down the page: B B b b)
- Math-Lesson 7.6 p. 87-88
- Reading-study the words under Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Week 2. The sight words are listed below on this page. You will click on a Google link to access them. It is a good idea to make flash cards for these words. We work on one story per week.
Tuesday, January 24
- Religion-Please study the Glory Be.
- Math- Lesson 7.7 pg. 89-90
- Spelling-H copybook-write the spelling words 2x (drip, trap, drum, trip, grin, scrub)
- Reading- study the high frequency words under Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Week 2.
Wednesday, January 25
- Religion– Please study the Glory Be.
- Math– No math homework
- Reading-Read and Respond Packet in H-Folder. This week’s story is called Sick Day. Please read the story with your child and verbally discuss the Read and Respond questions on each page. Those answers do not need to be written. On pg. 99, please have your child answer the questions using pencil.
Thursday, January 26
- Religion– Please study Glory Be.
- Handwriting- H copybook-Write uppercase and lowercase Pp (2 times each across and all the way down the page: P P p p
- Math- Lesson 8.1 pg. 91-92
- Spelling- Please study the words for the test tomorrow (drip, trap, drum, trip, grin, scrub)
- Reading– study the high frequency words under Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Week 2.
Opening Liturgy for Catholic Schools Week: Sunday at 11:00 am
First Grade Open House: Monday at 11:30 am in the cafeteria
Have a good weekend!
In addition to your child’s written homework, please read to your child and/or have your child read to you for at least 20 minutes each night.
**Please remind your child to empty his/her completed and corrected papers from the H folder each night.
High Frequency Words
Click here or the link below to access each week’s high frequency words. It is a good idea to make flash cards of these words. The children will see these words on their tests. Recognizing words by sight helps kids become faster, more fluent readers.
Grade 1 Religion Facts
Click here or the link below to access 1st Grade Religion facts. Parents, please just read the sentences to your child to remind them what they learned in Religion class. These facts do not need to be memorized.
Scholastic Book Order Directions
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: Q7L7J
You can shop and submit your order online ONLY . Please do not send checks to me. Every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom.
The arrival of the book box is always a highlight. Thanks for making it happen!
If This Is Your First Time Ordering Online:
– VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
– ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
– SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Story eBooks
– SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
– All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
When sending in money, please be sure to write your child’s name and what the money is for on the envelope. Thank you!
Class List- 22 Children
|Dominic Antonelli||Sophia Braverman|
|Ethan Dobbins||Sophia Capperella|
|Anthony D’Orazio||Aubrey DeSimone|
|Finn Gaw||Charlotte Guckert|
|Tyler Guenther||Teresa Haynie|
|Johnny McGrath||Ava Koletty|
|Nolan Moore||Maryclaire Kuttner|
|Finn O’Boyle||Audrey McQuade|
|AJ Poblete||Paula Ortiz-Velez|
|Joey Slizofski||Devney Weisheipl|
|William Tozier||Julia Young|