A Sharp Bunch in 3S!
Welcome to Third Grade! We are going to have an incredible year!
- Please cover all workbooks and copybooks with clear contact paper. Label each book with your child’s name prior to covering.
- We are not using book sox this year. Please cover the Journeys Anthology with brown paper bags.
- Back to School Night- Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:30. This will be virtual. I will send out the Zoom links on Monday.
- 9/25- First Holy Communion items due: Birth Certificate, St. Helena Parish Form (this can be found in Mr. J’s email), Fee of $25
- Friday, September 25th- Noon Dismissal
- Tuesday, September 29th-9:00 Liturgy
- 10/3- First Holy Communion
- 10/9- Noon Dismissal
- 10/12- No School
Tests this week:
- Spelling test Friday
- Math– page 21-22
- Spelling- Write your spelling words three times each in your spelling copybook. Spelling test on Friday.
- Reading– Read for 20 minutes
- Wear your gym uniform tomorrow.
No Homework. Back to School Night
- Sharpen your pencils
- Math– pg. 33-34
- Spelling- Pick 10 spelling words. Write a sentence for each word in your spelling copybook. Spelling test Friday.
- Reading– Read for 20 minutes.
- Math– page 39-40
- Spelling- Spelling test tomorrow.
- Reading– Complete pg. _____ in your Reader’s Notebook
- Sharpen your pencils
Specials Schedule 2020-2021
ELA Weekly Focus:
Story: The Trial of Cardigan Jones
Spelling Words: Pattern= long vowels a, e, i, o, u and Vce
- trial- a meeting in court to decide if someone has broken the law.
- Jury- the group of people who make the decision in a trial.
- Stand- the place where a witness in a trial sits while being questioned
- Guilty- having done something wrong
- convinced-made someone believe or agree to something
- pointed- used a finger to show where something was
- murmur- the sound of people speaking very softly
Grammar Focus- Kinds of Sentences
Helpful Websites and Class Codes:
Seesaw – Click the links below for tutorials
- Log in using your gmail and password. This is stapled to the inside of your homework assignment book.
- Uploading a video tutorial.
Google Classroom Class Code:
- My Gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All student gmail accounts are
Scholastic Book Orders Class Code: TQF6N Please place orders online only.
Think Central- you can access the anthology and homework pages on this website
- Temporary username and password is stapled in the front of your child’s homework agenda.
Think Central- You can access the math workbooks and play games. See below for video tutorials
Formed –This site contains up-to-date information, videos and more about Catholic Education. It is a great resource for children and families.
Total= Students- girls= 10 boys = 10
***The entire school is nut free.
Please feel free to contact me via email: email@example.com with any questions.