Welcome to the Saint Helena School Nurse Page!
April Maxwell, BSN, RN
Office Phone – 484-688-5400
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please encourage your child to practice good health habits that will contribute to growth, development, and well-being.
These should include a balanced diet, adequate sleep, regular exercise and study. When there are signs of illness, your
child should stay at home.
*A physician’s excuse is necessary after an absence greater than three (3) days.
Health Form Requirements
- Documentation of recent physical examination is required for students entering kindergarten and 6th grade.
- Documentation of recent dental examination is required for students entering kindergarten, 3rd & 7th grade.
- *Recent examinations means an exam done no earlier than one year prior to the school year it is required.
The Department of Health has regulations regarding immunizations. The regulations are intended to ensure that children attending school in the commonwealth are adequately protected against potential outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases.
For Attendance in all grades children need the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (usually given as DTP or DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday & at least 6 month after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella (usually given as MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
For attendance in 7th grade
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
*The AOC does not accept vaccination exemptions for religious reasons