Oceans of fun in 3-O!
Welcome to third grade!
REMINDERS & NEWS
The following link is a special message to the children from Archbishop Perez.
Classwork for the week of 3/30-4/2 has been emailed and posted on Google Classroom.
Some additional free educational resources for use during the corona virus:
- Brainpop or Jr. Brainpop: https://www.brainpop.com/ or https://jr.brainpop.com/
- User id (for all students): jowsiany; password: 3rdgrade!
- This is a fun series of math games. Sign-up is free. https://www.prodigygame.com/
- National Geographic for Kids: great science resource- browse for lots of information about animals
- https://www.raz-kids.com/: Online guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, and reading quizzes.
- Scholastic has some cool “learning at home” activities. Check it out: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-3-5.html
- Watch Live Science at home from The Franklin Institute
- http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/ This a huge document listing many free resources (organized alphabetically). Brief descriptions and targeted age groups are listed for each resource. I have not looked through all of the options listed so I cannot attest to the quality of these, but there are many options for virtual field trips, reading sites and art sites. Please take a look.
- Monday – Gym
Tuesday – none
- Wednesday – Music
Thursday – Computers
Friday – Library
- Art Express – every other Friday
- Instructions for Google Classroom:
bring up google on your computer
log in using your user id and password on index card – this will take you to your email
click on the waffle at the top right
click on “Classroom” picture
click on Mrs. Owsiany’s classroom once you get into Classroom
click on “Classwork” which will bring up link to assignment
- click on assignment and complete
Way Cool Websites
- Our ELA web site: www-k6.thinkcentral.com
- This is the same site that we use for Go Math! Student’s user id and password can be found in back of student assignment book.
- You can access homework pages, the anthology and many more resources here.
- Finding a “Just-Right” Book
- Spelling City – this is a fun website to practice your spelling words each week https://www.spellingcity.com/users/jowsiany
- Math games:
- IXL.com (User id and password are glued into back cover of student assignment books.)
- https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com (This is the Go Math! website with valuable tools and games on it. User id and passwords are also in the back of the student assignment book.)
- For explanations of specific math skills, please log onto the https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com website. Click on “My Library” and then on the “Math” section. In your math library, there is something called “GO Math! Animated Math Models G3“. Click on this and you will find extra practice and explanations of many third grade skills.
- Prodigy: https://www.prodigygame.com/
- A-Plus Math
- Math Playground
- Cool Math for Kids
- The Kids Page
- Fun Brain
- Science / Social Studies
- Discovery Education
- Let’s learn about the three branches of government in a fun rap song and a cool website:
- Let’s learn about the Presidents in a rap song and on an interactive website:
- General Educational Games
- For Parents
- How to help Reluctant Readers
- Ways Parents can help in Reading, Spelling, and Math
- What Parents can expect in third grade